Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy 7th Birthday, Marissa!

Seven years ago yesterday, after a 6-hour labor, our second miracle floated up in a bathtub. I remember the tears of joy as I checked her and discovered that we had our first daughter!

Marissa got to make some jewelry at the bead store and went to lunch at Red Robin with Grandpa and Grandma. Her best friend, Miriam, came over to play and party with her cousins, Aunt, Uncle, Mema, Grandma, Grandpa, and the rest of us.

She wanted a Barbie cake, and after pricing them at the local bakeries and grocery stores, I was forced to make one. It wasn't too bad. Marissa came home from her outing just in time to make design requests for the dress, and she even helped to pipe the trim around the bottom of the dress. I think next year, I'll just give her a bunch of icing and a blank cake and let her enjoy herself!

I think that she had a really good day.

We also celebrated Christmas with Grandpa & Grandma on Sunday. We went out for dinner and opened gifts. The Snap Circuits for Jeremy and the Playmobil Magic Castle for Marissa & Annika were hits! (It took 2 hours for Daddy & Mama to put it together!)


The kids with Grandma, Mema, & Grandpa

2 comments:

the Steiger's said...

Good job mom. I like the cake. Will you open your own bakery soon? And Happy 7th Birthday Marissa! (Too bad you live too far. My son Sam just turn 7 in November)
Lenka

tisha said...

Your Barbie cake looks great!!
Happy Birthday Marissa!

Tisha (awaa yg)