Thursday, May 24, 2007

Progress Update #3

My birth certificate arrived today!!! When I requested a copy, they had to type my information onto another form since it has been SO LONG since I was born that a copy of the original birth record was not legible (William's was!). The blessed civil servant entered the wrong city for my place of birth, so I had to exchange it. They were really nice about fixing it, and I didn't have to wait as long for the exchange.

Having the fixed birth certificate in hand, we were finally able to FedEx our I-600A (orphan petition) to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services where it will stay for a long time. But, now our clock is ticking!!!!

We have most of our items ready to hand over to the social worker to begin our homestudy, but had decided earlier today to put it to bed until we get back so that we could get ready to leave for William's grandmother's 90th birthday celebration at a water park in Ohio!! What a hoot! We will get to see lots and lots of long, lost relatives and the kids are really looking forward to playing in the water with their cousins!

No comments: